Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Brand New Day

It is way past midnight - and today happens to be an off day in India. Well, most parts of India if not all - I know people who are going to their respective offices today as well. So much so for it being one of the 'national holidays'.
But hang on, I am not going to write about October 2nd, there is enough literature on this topic. I write just because I wanted to. Off late, waking up suddenly at odd hours hasn't been the feature of my fairly active life. So this is different. I can't even figure out the reason - excessive sleep and a blank mind perhaps. Added to such a vacuum moment is this inherent desire to listen to some soothing sound tracks. I must be insane - I don't even have an agenda for this post.
Let me think back - where am I in terms of job satisfaction? In the middle of no-where I guess. A month back - and I could safely find myself in the dissatisfied category. But the past 20-25 days of training has propelled my career towards something significantly different - or is there a catch somewhere? From being selected for a pre-sales job to doing nothing to being trained as a business analyst to being in charge of a competency center for a particular product sounds like some weird kinda 'transformation'. Plus there is this hanging carrot for a job switch - which I never latch onto - can't latch onto is more like it :)
Personal front - well, things look rosy here. With a wedding to attend (my own) in a couple of months time - I ought to be happy. Most of my weekends are spent hunting for 'deals' in furniture or electronic appliances showrooms. Stop laughing about it, all bachelors-turning-to-non-bachelorhood would testify on having done that at the crossroads of their lives.
The past 20-25 days have not just been different in terms of my career change, it has also brought a transformation to my own attitude towards life. Ask me why - and I cannot pinpoint the reason. Maybe the very reason that I have something to look forward to in my day-to-day life at the office. Maybe it is the 20-20 cricket victory for India - or the Asia cup hockey victory for India - or India winning the football tournament(how often does that happen?) - or Pankaj Advani winning the world title - or Vishwanathan Anand claiming his 2nd world title - or the sensex reaching dizzying heights (it had crossed the 17k barrier); there are so many positives all around that it has rubbed on to me and my outlook towards life. I am my old self - who has no care for what the world thinks, and is happy with whatever is in the offing.
I think I have unravelled one significant trait in my thought pattern. Sporting success, even if it does not come for me personally (never had quite 'that' amount of talent) - means a lot to me. There is only one other thing which drives a community/nation better than sports - and that is religion. While that's an area I am yet to be conversant with - I more than make up in my interest in sports. It gives such a zeal to my life - and I wish these glory days continue for ever - both for me, and Indian sports!

4 comments:

JAMI said...

Hey dude...me always get into ur blog 2 see..wat old grand old man of Madhav vihar has jotted.2day after a while i c it bein refresed.n bein with u for some time i know wat the victory in sports can do 2 u.U get vibrant..no matter even if it is not crick. :)
Hmm gettin 2 the harsh reality of losin ones bacjhelorhood really scares yaar. But wel said..got 2 b at X roads sometime.
Njoi ur victorious moments b4 the India's tour of Aus begins..when the bashin wil start :(

Anonymous said...

how about me copy-pasting the comment you had posted on my blog? :) :) lekin lagta hai ki ab tumhe fal mil raha hai :)
wish ya luck and i too hope you always have a reason to smile! :)

Romila said...

Got your blog's address from ur sis, Swapnita. Had read your Goa trip travails long back and liked the energy and style. Congrats on your upcoming wedding ahead.

sumitspeaks said...

Thanks for the wishes!
All the energy and style you see are more a fluke than a regular feature!

I visit your blog as well - kudos - you seem a "mature" and a "different" writer. And say a hello to Bembi :)