Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tremors

Things have changed significantly for me over the past 24 hours or so. I finally got placed - after getting rejections for Mindtree, Cognizant, TCS, Zensar, Patni, and Frost & Sullivan. I was selected for the next round of Kanbay, but HCL Technologies offered me a job. And it came when I was not expecting it at all. The interview for HCL was one of the worst that I have given in recent times, not because I could not answer the questions asked - but because I was given a very rude treatment from the interviewer. It was probably a stress interview of sorts, and I did all but hit the man in front of me. But all's well that ends well - and I am mighty relieved!

This morning Mother Nature seemed to share my happiness with the entire world. Already there have been two significant tremors felt at Singapore. I live in the 6th floor and it did cause a fair bit of anxiety all around. One almost felt like being given slight push in the cradle, or it was like slight waves rocking a tiny paper boat in a placid pool of water, or like the feeling one gets when the swing is just about to stop - you sway in a gentle motion. So much so for an earthquake - life is rocking literally!

No comments: